Friday, January 26, 2024

Happy Friday Afternoon!!!

good afternoon y'all.          it is your friendly weather lady coming to you direct from her neck of the woods.          hahaha            the temp is 60*, yay!!!            the sun is not shining and it feels really cool just because of it.        but I was outside for a little bit before lunch and got my hands dirty and that felt really good!!!         I'll share that in another post though.        

before I went outside, I had a couple of things to get done.          I needed to make the filling for my husbands breakfast sandwiches for 12 days.          if I had a couple more of those silicons muffin top pans, I would make 24 at a time.           so I may get a couple more of those just to make that time a lot more prosperous.

I took pictures as I was going thru the process of packaging them for the freezer.          this is some of my short term freezer cooking.

 


here in this first picture, the first tray that came from the oven is now flipped over and cooling the bottoms off.         I try to get them cooled down pretty good before I put them in the freezer.


once I get the cooled enough to take them from the muffin top pan, I'll set them on my trivet for a few minutes more.         while they are cooling, I'll get my fllip top sandwich bags out and ready.


once they are cooled, they go into the sandwich bags.             they smell so good while they are cooking.          hahaha            I thought hubby was gonna just eat thim right off the trivet.


once I get them bagged in the sandwich bags, then I'll put them in my freezer bags and press out as much air as I can.         they are only in the freezer at a maximum of 10 days, so I'm not really concerned about any kind of frost  on them.         but if they were going to be in the freezer for an extended period of time, I would use vac seal bags once I had them in the fllip top sandwich bags.      the vac seal bags will keep them for a long time.

so I have 5 freezer bags with 2 each in the freezer and a container in the fridge with 2 in it.          when I use the last one in the container, I'll take a bag from the freezer and put those 2 in the container and they will be thawed by the next morning and ready to put in a skillet and reheat while I'm toasting his brioche bun.

hope you enjoyed this little tine in the kitchen with me today.       I thank you for your time and I hope you come back soon.          let's keep God first in all we do.         hugs and love, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment