Thursday, January 25, 2024

Good Rainy Thursday Y'all!!

good evening one and all.           you're friendly neighborhood weather lady with the latest goings on in my neck of the woods.            it''s been a balmy 60* all day today.         guess what it's been doing here all day.          go ahead, one guess.          well, if you guessed rain, that would be 100% correct.              but hey, I'm not complaining, really I'm not.           wanna know why I'm not complaining, because it's not ice or snow.         yup, that's right.        it's supposed to be pretty tomorrow and I'll take that.          next week, we're supposed to start drying out, so I'll be looking forward to that.          

anyway, I hope to get a little grocery shopping done in the morning early.         nothing would please me any more than to get that done and behind me.          I don't really have a lot going on today, but just wanted to touch base.           I don't have any pictures of anything I've done to show you and I don't think you'd be interested in knowing if I took a nap today or not.          hahahaha           well, I didn't, but that don't mean I didn't try.         hahaha            my husband on the other hand, he just kicked back in his recliner, ready to take a nap for the 4th time today.           hahahaha           oh and sppeaking of my sweet husband, I did give him a haircut today.         I don't mind telling ya, I'm getting pretty good at cutting his hair.        the only thing I don't like is that I never get a tip.        I really don't understand why.       hahaha

I also put on a big old electric pressure cooker of pinto beans and we had some for supper and they are delicious.         so we'll be eating good for a few days with these.         I love having several big bowls of good stuff in the fridge at all times.        I have some soup and also some corn chowder.       that's what I always call our "fast food".          plus I keep a lot of homemade bread on hand at all times too.        tomorrow I'll make a batch of cornbread wedges to have with our beans.           and I need to bring in a loaf of my homemade brioche from the freezer in the garage.          I love having that ready to thaw out and eat.           so everytime I make a batch of brioche rolls for my husbands breakfast, I'll be able to make a loaf of bread, maybe 2 loaves.          I think I shared the recipe for that and if you haven't tried it, well, why not?          go ahead, make a loaf, I'll wait for ya.         then you can come back here and tell me how much you love it too.         hahaha

well, I guess I'll sign off for now.        lets remember to keep God first in all that we do and acknowledge Him in all of our ways.            our days will be much better when we put Him first.         I want to thank you all for hanging out with me for a few minutes this evening.          your time is valuable and you can be anywhere, but you're right here for the time being and I do appreciate it.         I hope to see you back here real soon.           have a great evening and a wonderful night of refreshing rest and sleep.         

hugs and love, patty


No comments:

Post a Comment