Thursday, October 19, 2023

Pt. 3 of the "Great Tater Caper" and delicious roasted veg

good evening y'all!!         I hope and pray that wherever y'all are that you're having a  wonderful day so far.         it's been a good day in my neck of the woods.         we got out and walked this morning and I praise God for the ability to walk.         it's been a quite fruitful day today.          got my shopping list made for tomorrow and will be shopping to get a few things to help me start on a loose "whole 30" way of eating for about six weeks.          trying to see if that will alleviate a lot of the inflammation I'm having throughout my body.        the last time I did, it helped tremendously.      we'll see.       I say "loose", because I will eat whole food at least 90% for the next couple of weeks and then hit it hard and be compliant for a month.          I've found out that works well for me.       

I had been sharing about the "great tater caper".          hahaha        well, it's still going on.          I got a 5lb bag of them diced and dehydrated and they are quite lovely.          it's all about rinsing the potatoes after every cut and rinsing at least 3 times and more if necessary.          if you rinse them well, you will end up with beautiful potatoes.     

this is a ragu pasta sauce jar, I think 24 oz is the size.            it is stuffed to the brim  and this is what 5 lbs of diced potatoes looks like when dehydrated.          I have one more 5 lb bag of taters to go and I already have them diced and in the fridge for overnight.          in the morning, I'll drain them and put them in boiling water to blanch for 3 or 4 minutes and then they'll go on the dehydrator.             I have really pleased with the amount of time it's taking doing them.           our humidity has dropped quite a bit compared to what it was back in the summer.           so doing this dehydrating has taken less that 24 hours per batch.          I usually don't even tell the times because time means nothing unless or until your produce is completely dry.         "cracker crisp, rock hard and bone dry" is my motto.        and these taters have been all that and more, if possible.          hahaha

well, I told you about planning on doing a loose whole 30 for a couple weeks and then on to firm whole 30 for a month.           my first meal is about to be had with a lot of leftovers.          I put frozen brussel sprouts, frozen butternut squash cubes, a can of drained beets, a diced onion, minced garlic, salt, pepper, avocado oil and balsamic vinegar glaze on a baking sheet and popped it in the toaster oven for an hour and ten minutes and it smells so good.          I forgot about my chicken wings, I was going to roast them with the veg, but they're in the toaster oven right now, as I type.         this will make 3 or 4 good meals for me.          it looks so good!!!!


these first 2 pictures are the pan before roasting them.        lots of yummy stuff going on.


these 2 pictures are after they have been baked.          I'll have some for supper tonight and put the rest in the fridge.        I also have some chicken wings in the toaster oven roasting also.          I covered them with balsamic vinegar too.          sheer delight!!!!!!            this will be on the menu until I get burned out and I hope I don't get burned out on it.           I'll get some zucchini and yellow squash to throw in too just to mix it up a little.         also a little bit of parm will be good.         

well, that's about all I have today.           just wanted to share my dehydrated taters and my roasted veggies that I'll be having for supper.           I just need to get my chicken wings done and I'll be ready to eat in a little bit.         my hubby is easy to cook for, so it won't be a big deal for me to fix 2 different types of meals for a while.    

I hope and pray that you know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.           just know that He loves you so much that He gave His life for yours.          I'm so thankful that God done this for me and I pray that you have accepted this free gift from the Father and the Son.         if you have, then we'll get to meet each other in heaven some day.        that's exciting to me, I hope it is to you too.         

I hope we all have a wonderful, restful night with the intentions of have a spectacular day tomorrow if we are blessed to see tomorrow.           hugs, love and blessings, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment