Monday, October 9, 2023

I'm working on getting back to my blog

good morning beautiful people.       I pray that your morning is fantastic.       we've had our temps drop over the last few nights and our mornings are pretty nice.       just now, sitting and sipping on coffee, we heard a few sprinkles.    that's a pleasant sound.        I hope we hear more of it today.      it's kinda funny, I usually hear a lot of little birds outside chirping away for us, but not this morning.       I guess they are trying to stay dry, so they're not outside our window.    hahaha       I'm sure we'll hear them soon.    what I have been hearing is the train in the distance and the airplanes flying low.  we live pretty close to the local airport and we hear a lot of airplanes, the small ones.    so that's a morning sound here.

I don't think I have told you all about my latest experiment.   well, I've had to put my "tater experiment" in the greenhouse over the last few nights just so they won't get frost bit.       it got down to 37* one morning.       it probably wouldn't have hurt them, but I didn't want to take a chance on.       I have been wanting to try to potatoes in a pot again.   I had 4 red potatoes in the cabinet that had sprouts on them about an inch and a half long.      so, I got 4 pots and put soil in about enough to cover the taters.  I let the sprouts grow and added more soil, let them grow and add more soil.    kept doing that for about 3 or 4 weeks till the pots finally got full of soil and the then sprouts actually turned into greenery above the pots.    I started them on sept 13, 2023 and they are about a foot above the tops of the pots now.     I'm going to try and keep and them from getting frost bit and or frozen.       we'll move them to the garage if we need too.       so that's the plan anyway.        I'll try to remember to keep y'all posted on what's happening with the "great tater experiment".   hahaha

I've just about put all the garden to bed.      I do have some lettuces, radishes, beets and carrots growing for my fall garden.       I have some peppers that I need to get cut out and be done with them.       I'll also be taking out all my strawberries.        I'm not happy with everbearing.       I just get a few at a time all spring summer and fall.     not enough to do anything with at any given time.        so I would rather have more green beans.        I think that's a fair trade.        hahaha        I also have a bunch of garlic to get planted pretty soon.        another great experiment.      just trying to see if I can grow it and how well it turns out, if at all.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have started removing everything from my facebook page.        I have lost interest in facebook.      so as I take stuff down from there, I will eventually be sharing it here.        so you'll see dates from when I shared it.        so things may not be pertinent to today, but you'll still be able to see where my heart was on that particular day.         nothing will be in order.         just what ever I find to cut and paste and share on here.        so I hope you'll like that.       some may even be stuff that I've shared on here before.      I'm not going back to see if I have, I'm just going to try to keep it moving forward.        so this is the first one I'll share.  

 March 15, 2020

THE CHALLENGE, if you choose to accept

It's been a long dreary dark day here today.      Jesus is still shining in my heart though.      It seems for me, some of the closest times in my life with the Lord is when I'm in my kitchen, doing something.      It seems my mind easily goes to prayer and thinking on the good things He's done for me thru the years.      He has revealed Himself to me in many ways, right in my kitchen, one of the very places that we prove ourselves to be servants.      Now granted, there's just 2 of us, but stuff still needs to get done, it's always better if it's done with a servants heart.

I have had a heavy heart, as I'm sure most of us have.      I soon realized my heavy heart was coming from a place of fear and not love.      When I realized that, I asked the Lord to forgive me for that.    It's hard to admit that, but it's true.       In the midst of this, I asked the Lord to show me how He wants me to respond, act and behave thru this world wide ordeal.      Fear has no place in me, or you, or any one of us anywhere.

What the Holy Spirit showed me, and He has shown me this several times over the years.      It's hard to take ourselves out the frays of what's happening around us, or what can be happening around us, and focus on others.      But He showed me that I need to challenge myself, for at least the next 2 full solid months, until May 15th, at the very least.      How am I going to challenge myself?      By asking God to break my heart over the very things that break His heart.      Be very careful about praying that prayer.      Those are some the most powerful words that you will ever ask God. So don't do if you're not serious.      But if you are serious and want the challenge, go ahead, join me in this prayer challenge.

Lord, break my heart over the things that break Your heart!! 

When He shows us what breaks His heart, then ask how we can make that better, or if we even can make it better, or if it may be something that we just spend time praying over.      Take this virus out of the mix and there is still a tremendous amount of problems on the face of this globe and I believe that God's people can make a difference.

I would love to see this take place all over the world.      Lord, break our hearts over what breaks Yours.      If you will join me in this, I would love it if you will let me know.      Consider it, pray about it and join me in this challenge.      At the very least, the very minimum it will cost you is time in prayer and that is time well spent.

So while we are hunkered down, lets do something positive with our time, praying over the very things that break Gods heart.  Love, hugs and safety to everyone, patty

so that's the first one to share from my soon to be gone facebook page.      I hope there is something you can take away from this and use in your every day life.

--------------------------------------------------------------

well, I guess that's about it for now.     I really do hope I can get back here on a more regular basis.     facebook is a waste of my time, but my blog is time well spent.

just remember as I leave you today that God loves you enough to provide a way to be in right relationship with Him, thru the shed blood of our risen Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ.      I pray you know Him.         love, hugs and blessings to all, patty

No comments:

Post a Comment